Monday, August 1, 2011

some new & old Chine-Z. coincidences

Until a few days ago I thought I read everything I wanted to know about the zodiac from, well the Wikipedia page I've been coming back to over and over. When my interest in it started I kind of dipped in and out of the page learning little by little until I pretty much knew the whole page by heart so it surprised me to learn something so vital that was there the whole time. There are four pillars to the zodiac in placing a person’s personality type and destiny. One pillar is the day that person is born, another the year, another the time, and lastly the month. Something interesting I didn't know until now is that that the person's time of birth and the animal associated with that predicts things associated with this persons adulthood and children, the animal associated with the year tells about this persons ancestry and how the world will view this person, the month is associated with the persons childhood and parents, and I couldn't find out what the last pillar was. It was interesting to find out because I know my grandma was born in the year of the tiger and that is my birth year as well. I know my month is the rooster and that was my dad's birth year. It's come to a point where I think I want to buy a scholarly book on the origins of the zodiac. When comparing the outcomes of the zodiac including the day, time, month, and year a person was born and the five elements that cycle every two years it gives you a much wider range than the Greek zodiac. I don't necessarily care for the "accuracy" of zodiac outcomes, that's what initially drew me in, but it's the symmetry and balance of this system and why and how someone would want to make a system in the first place that could predict the outcomes of a year or someone's life or personality. The Zodiac also fits right in with other Taoist beliefs in Yin and Yang and Feng Shui as well.

I'd like to find out more about how it works but in the meantime it isn't to say that I haven't found my fare share of gratifyingly shallow coincidences. This year of the rabbit has seen some of the biggest zodiac coincidences that I was curious to find and mind that I made these connections myself: Osama Bin laden was born in the year of the rooster and his capturing occurred on his rival year this year of the rabbit. This year of the rabbit has been a strange one in that it has been more pastoral than previous years. My sister has been allergic to eggs since probably the sixth grade and has accrued over 81 food allergies since then and this year she was able to eat eggs her first and biggest allergy without having a reaction. Eggs! Very Eastery if you ask me. This year's element metal is supposed to be good for the dog's natural element metal and my sister is a dog. Prince William was also born in the year of the dog and married Catherine born in the year of the rooster. Both of these animal's the dog and the rooster's natural elements are metal and Catherine was born 30 years ago the rooster in the rival year to the rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment